The inspiration of the Beetle Counter Stool was found in the insect world as GamFratesi has been looking closely at the anatomy, aesthetics, and movement of a beetle. The design of the counter chair reinterprets the characteristic elements of the beetles' sections: shape, shells, sutures, rigid outside and soft inside.
Material & Feature:
- Molded fiberglass shell with highly resilient urethane foam
- Fabric, Top Grain/Aniline Leather upholstery (C.O.M available)
- Leg colors: powder-coated steel base with matte black / gun metal (chrome black) / gold (brass) finish
- All materials are fire-retardant & non-toxic (Baby friendly)
- Width: 21.3" x Depth: 22.8" x Height: 42.5"
- Seat Height: 25.6" (Counter height)
* All measurements are approximations.
GamFratesi's design takes its creative drive from a fusion of tradition and renewal and in an experimental approach to their chosen materials and techniques. With their dual traditional background, Stine Gam and Enrico Fratesi draw on the classic Danish furniture and craft tradition as well as the classic Italian intellectual and conceptual approach. Understanding a tradition and addressing it actively in the workshop makes it possible to expand on it. From this cross-cultural substrate they create furniture that respectfully reflects tradition while also featuring unique embedded stories, symbols and associations, often expressed in a minimalist idiom. GamFratesi aim to create furniture that illustrates the process and the techniques that created it, and which reflect a persistent exploration of the diverse border zone between harmony and disharmony.
Gamfratesi studio was founded in 2006 by Danish architect Stine Gam and Italian architect Enrico Fratesi. the studio is based in Copenhagen.