Gubi?s Beetle is a collection of elegant and comfortable chairs, designed by Danish-Italian design duo GamFratesi. Stine Gam and Enrico Fratesi drew their inspiration for the playful chair design from the anatomy of beetles, which is apparent in the delicate, insect-like legs and hard, curved shell. Launched in 2012, the Beetle Chair is suitable for a variety of uses and spaces and comes now in several colours and materials.
Material & Feature:
- Molded fiberglass shell with highly resilient urethane foam
- Fabric, Top Grain/Aniline Leather upholstery (C.O.M available)?
- Leg colors: powder-coated steel base with?matte black /?gun metal (chrome black) / gold (brass) finish
- All materials are fire-retardant & non-toxic (Baby friendly)
- Width: 22.4" x Depth: 23" x Height: 34.25"
- Seat Height: 17.5"
* All measurements are approximations.
GamFratesi?s design takes its creative drive from a fusion of tradition and renewal and in an experimental approach to their chosen materials and techniques. With their dual traditional background, Stine Gam and Enrico Fratesi draw on the classic Danish furniture and craft tradition as well as the classic Italian intellectual and conceptual approach. Understanding a tradition and addressing it actively in the workshop makes it possible to expand on it. From this cross-cultural substrate they create furniture that respectfully reflects tradition while also featuring unique embedded stories, symbols and associations, often expressed in a minimalist idiom. GamFratesi aim to create furniture that illustrates the process and the techniques that created it, and which reflect a persistent exploration of the diverse border zone between harmony and disharmony.
Gamfratesi studio was founded in 2006 by Danish architect Stine Gam and Italian architect Enrico Fratesi. the studio is based in Copenhagen.