The Organic Chair was designed in 1940 for the New York Museum of Modern Art’s “Organic Design in Home Furnishings” competition. Technically advanced, the impressive seat was not put into series production until after 1950, when technology had matured enough to manufacture larger quantities of the organically shaped seat shells.
Material & Feature:
- Molded fiberglass shell with highly resilient urethane foam
- Fabric, Top grain/Aniline leather upholstery
- Solid wooden legs with Walnut or Ash finish
- All materials are fire-retardant
- Width: 29″ x Depth: 26″ x Height: 33″
- Seat Height: 17″
* All measurements are approximations.