In an ongoing attempt to unite the sublime with the absolutely necessary, Poul Kjaerholm designed the PK80 Daybed. The result is one of Kjaerholm's most sophisticated and iconic designs with a striking beauty. The daybed is a clear illustration of Poul Kjaerholm's method of refining historical models and distilling them down to the essence and demonstrating his superior ability to balance construction and choice of materials. The inspiration for the daybed came from Bauhaus, which in turn, were inspired by ancient Roman couches. The purchase of the PK80 for the galleries of the Museum of Modern Art in New York, in 2004, recognizes the daybed's natural place in furniture history.
Material & Feature:
- Frame: highly polished #304 grade stainless steel with brushed finish
- Bed: solid hardwood platform; Cushion; high elasticity dacron-wrapped foam with genuine down feather layer; Medium firm cushion seat feel (cushion softness customizable)
- Fabric, Top Grain/Aniline Leather upholstery (C.O.M available)
- All materials are fire-retardant & non-toxic (Baby friendly)
- Width: 74.8" x Depth: 31.5" x Height: 11.8"
* All measurements are approximations.